[Opendnssec-develop] updating policies

sion at nominet.org.uk sion at nominet.org.uk
Fri Jul 24 09:57:16 UTC 2009

> The database I am using was setup a couple of weeks ago, but the code
> is the latest from svn. All signing works. So has the database
> changed? This is supposed to work, right?

The database has changed I'm afraid. There is an extra text column in the
policies table called "audit", and the KEYDATA_VIEW has changed.

There may be other changes depending on how old your database is exactly,
but these 2 will be the significant ones.

if you run the view sql as it is in svn and something like:

alter table policies add column audit text

then your database will be brought up to date without you needing to lose
all of your data.

I guess at some point (the alpha build perhaps) database changes will
require migration scripts?

Sion