[Opendnssec-develop] pkcs11.h license

Roland van Rijswijk roland.vanrijswijk at surfnet.nl
Tue Jan 27 08:14:49 UTC 2009

Hi Jakob,

Did this person motivate why the PKCS #11 headers aren't GPL compatible?
 Because I've done some searching and had a good look at the licensing
and I don't think this is the case. There are PKCS #11 _modules_ that
are not GPL compatible (a lot of information can be found on this), but
the PKCS #11 headers themselves aren't necessarily GPL incompatible.

I would advise against using third party PKCS #11 headers simply for
this reason, and it is debatable whether typing out the header file
yourself is not a violation of RSA's license.

Just my 2 cents...

Cheers,

Roland