[Opendnssec-develop] Call for meeting topics, 9th Feb

Rickard Bondesson Rickard.Bondesson at iis.se
Mon Jan 26 13:02:52 UTC 2009

Hi

I am making a call for meeting topics. Here are some thoughts by me. Please reply with more topics and a description of them. I will arrange an agenda based on this and post it back to the list.

// Rickard

*********
* Draft *
*********

Who will write minutes?
- - Decide who will write minutes during this meeting.

Marketing plan
- - Use Cases
  Discuss the use cases presented on the mailing list. Do we need to fulfil all of the use cases? What do we need to fulfil the individual use case?
- - Market study
  What experiences do we have from the market? Do we need to do a study of what our potential users might want? How should such study be performed? Who should we ask?
- - Marketing of our product
  Do we want our product to be noticed by other parties than us? Who would that be? How do we reach them?

System design for phase 1 and 2
- - General architecture
  Do we agree on the general concept? Is there something we would like to change?
- - Components
  Can we specify the components any more? Any requirements?
- - Data flow diagram
  Discuss how the data is flowing through the architecture.
- - API between the components
  How should each component talk to its neighbours?

Discussion about each component
- - What has been done?
- - What needs to be done?
- - How much time does each subtask need?
- - Testing?

OpenDNSSEC v1.0 and v.1.1
- - How should we fit everything together?
- - Testing?

Comparison of HSM:s
- - What information do we want on the wiki? A more detailed comparison? A how-to? Configurations? Recommendations?

About the project
- - Trademark
  How should we protect our trademark?
- - Packaging the code
  How should our program/code be published? Debian/RPM/…?

Next meeting
- - How and when?