[Opendnssec-develop] OpenDNSSEC Project Management

Patrik Wallstrom patrik.wallstrom at iis.se
Wed Jan 14 10:57:49 UTC 2009

On Jan 14, 2009, at 10:20 AM, Roy Arends wrote:

> Rick van Rein <rick at openfortress.nl> wrote on 01/14/2009 08:25:16 AM:
>>
>> This is not as democratic as I had expected this to be.
>
> Rick,
>
> This project needs management, I lack time. Rickard Bondesson's
> SoftHSM
> part for OpenDNSSEC is mostly (if not completely) done. He
> consistently
> produced results for the SoftHSM part, while keeping an interest in
> the
> development of the OpenDNSSEC project, without getting into gory
> details.
> He is the obvious choice. This is not a democracy. There is no vote.

I would also like to add my voice to support Rickard and having a
project manager. He is after all working full time on the OpenDNSSEC
project.

We also need someone to oversee the project and to keep everything in
sync.

The goals has not really changed, and the issue of keeping zone states
and so forth is not really an issue for the project, it is from my
point of view only details. So we need somewhere down the line also
look into all these issues in more detail.

Now we obviosly found something to work more on, so we need a few
people to sit down and plan how to do this. I believe Jelte's
suggestion on having a face to face meeting soon is good. I would
suggest the IETF, but I now that we all cannot get there, so maybe
Amsterdam? I think Rickard will add this question to the agenda.

--
Patrik Wallström
Project Manager, R&D
E-mail: patrik.wallstrom at iis.se