[Opendnssec-develop] Dependencies & stock distributions

Roland van Rijswijk roland.vanrijswijk at surfnet.nl
Tue Dec 15 20:18:06 UTC 2009

Hi Rickard,

> Let's face it. When developing new software, you want to use up-to-date
> libraries so that you do not stand still but evolve. The standards have
> not been here for years. We must thus use updated libraries.

Agreed, but - IMHO - that only holds true for software that concerns
DNSSEC specific features such as ldns.

> (./configure --disable-auditor)

That seems unwise to me :-). I don't have a quarrel with ruby, but I
would prefer to keep the number of different scripting languages in use
to a minimum (as I think Roy already said).

Cheers,

Roland

--
-- Roland M. van Rijswijk