[Opendnssec-develop] More configuration for signer and auditor

Alexd at nominet.org.uk Alexd at nominet.org.uk
Wed Aug 5 13:24:37 UTC 2009

> > a) Naming by convention - the signer will always write the temporary
> > file to the working directory with a particular prefix, so the
> > auditor will always know where to find it
> > b) XML configuration - the config will specify where to write the
> > temporary file, so the signer and auditor will be told where to put/
> > find it
> > c) Command line parameter - the signer will tell the auditor where
> > to find the file when it starts it up.
> >
> > Any preferences?
>
> I'd very much prefer (c), so that the auditor always audits what's in
> the zonelist normally, but can be overridden by command line options.

Of course, there could be many zones in the zonelist. So the command line
options would need to map individual zones in the zonelist to individual
temporary files. This could get quite messy.

If the auditor knew where the signer placed the temporary files ( e.g.
zone.file -> <working_directory>/zone.file.tmp ), it could take a command
line switch to mean "Don't look for the output files in the zonelist -
instead, look for where you know the signer will have placed the temporary
files".

Just a thought.

Alex.