[Opendnssec-announce] Fwd: [Opendnssec-user] Announcing availability public beta-release of OpenDNSSEC 2.0

Benno Overeinder benno at NLnetLabs.nl
Mon Apr 25 10:07:59 UTC 2016

Posted last week on opendnssec-user mailing list, but this announcement is worthy to be posted on opendnssec-announce.

Regards,

— Benno

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: "Berry A.W. van Halderen" <berry at nlnetlabs.nl>
> Subject: [Opendnssec-user] Announcing availability public beta-release of OpenDNSSEC 2.0
> Date: 14 April 2016 at 16:01:39 GMT+2
> To: opendnssec-user at lists.opendnssec.org
>
> Dear OpenDNSSEC community,
>
> Today we enter the final steps towards the 2.0 release by handing out
> the first real beta.  The development is complete, testing has completed
> and there are no bugs that would stop you replacing 1.4 with 2.0.
>
> Download it here:
> https://dist.opendnssec.org/source/testing/opendnssec-2.0.0b1.tar.gz
>
> The new version presents a complete re-write of the enforcer, adding
> some features and guarantees to not let your zone go bogus even when
> modifying critical parameters.
>
> Instead of focusing on the new we would like to know whether your
> current uses are met with this release.  This version is new and shiny,
> has new things, but we have more in store.  This as soon as we can
> finalize this new baseline version that marks the final transition of
> OpenDNSSEC to the NLNET Labs supported open source software.
>
> We hope that with your feedback we can make rapid cycles towards a
> quick final release.  After the proper 2.0 release, we plan to have a
> more incremental development schedule with several releases per year
> with new features and bug fixes to prevent such a long cycle as 2.0 had.
>
> Some heads-up when trying it out after being used to 1.4:
> - Scripted migration from 1.4 to 2.0 is available, see MIGRATION file;
> - Use command ods-enforcer-db-setup rather than "ods-ksmutil setup";
> - Any other use of ods-ksmutil is replaced with the ods-enforcer
> command, which requires the enforcer daemon to be running;
> - Use ods-enforcer zone add and delete rather than modifying the
> zonelist.xml file yourself.  This file is not kept up-to-date
> automatically anymore;
> - to start using OpenDNSSEC, use ods-enforcer policy import instead
> of update kasp to update your policies;
> - Getting started at:
> https://wiki.opendnssec.org/display/DOCS20/Quick+start+guide
>
> Hope to hear from you,