[Opendnssec-maintainers] Debian - migration path from 1.4.6 to 2.0.x needed and more general remark on OpenDNSSEC database upgrades

Jaap Akkerhuis jaap at NLnetLabs.nl
Tue Jul 26 08:11:12 UTC 2016

 Paul Wouters writes:

 > On 07/26/2016 09:28 AM, Ondřej Surý wrote:
 >
 > > As a side note I really think the need for user to run the script is
 > > very inconvenient and OpenDNSSEC should keep this hidden from user,
 > > performing the database upgrades on first start when it detects the old
 > > version of the database schema.
 > >
 > > Or at least provide a utility that gives the users (and package
 > > maintainers) an unified way how to upgrade the database schema by
 > > parsing the current configuration and applying the updates to the
 > > configured database.
 >
 > I agree. In fedora/rhel policy we cannot ship this sql in the "documentation"
 > when the runtime depends on it, so we have to find some odd directory to
 > store these files in.

As far as I know (but I'm not actively involved in this effort), this
is already on the "to implemented list".

	jaap