[Opendnssec-maintainers] OpenDNSSEC 2.0.0-1 released

Yuri Schaeffer yuri at nlnetlabs.nl
Tue Jul 19 16:52:34 UTC 2016

Hi Paul,

On 19-07-16 17:17, Paul Wouters wrote:
> using a "-" in a version number upstream is _really_ problematic for us.
>
> I am going to ignore that version number and will hope it will never happen again :)

Yeah, I already received a slap on the wrist for that. There are some
issues with the migration path though. So depending on the outcome of
some tests currently running, I will make a proper 2.0.1 release
somewhere between today and Thursday inclusive.

> For RHEL we do not need to migrate from 1.4.x. For fedora we do and I believe we
> used scripts for that already, so I'm not entirely sure what was missing?

The enforcer was completely rewritten between 1.4 and 2.0. This included
the database format. But since the two version work very different
internally the conversion as a bit complicated. There is an extensive
conversion script which in turn calls the database creation script.
Though the latter wasn't included in the released tarball.

//Yuri