[Opendnssec-maintainers] RE: Changes to the versioning scheme and support policy

Sara Dickinson sara at sinodun.com
Wed Apr 17 10:14:12 UTC 2013

Hi All,

The OpenDNSSEC team has been through a review of our release process and as a result we have agreed to make two changes:

Versioning scheme
The current versioning scheme is component based and we plan to switch to an API compatibility based approach. The plan is to adopt the new scheme from 1.3.14 and 1.4.0 onwards.

Maintenance of old releases
We plan to adopt a split between Long Term Support (LTS) releases and Standard Releases somewhat along the lines of the Ubuntu model. 1.3 will be the first LTS release, 1.4. will be a Standard Release.

The full details of the changes can be found on the OpenDNSSEC wiki:

https://wiki.opendnssec.org/display/OpenDNSSEC/Release+Management+Policy

Feedback and comments on this are welcomed.

Sara.