[Opendnssec-develop] Debugging an issue with the build bot, may generate emails and act weird for a bit

Jerry Lundström jerry.lundstrom at iis.se
Fri Oct 17 12:19:44 UTC 2014

On fre, 2014-10-17 at 12:50 +0200, Jerry Lundström wrote:
> We got a weird issue with the build bot currently, its not building the
> correct commit for PR #111 [1]. Gonna debug it and try and fix it, will
> most likely generate a lot of "#build" emails.

So it's been fixed now but it wasn't a problem with GitHub. Apparently
Yuri is a master at breaking stuff and broke GitHub, while going on a
train he pushed some commits and most of them did not make it all the
way. They showed up on the website and git repository but not in the API
used by the build bot and as such the build bot was not able to build
them. We have solved it by squashing all the problematic commits into a
new one.

I am reporting this to GitHub and we have a branch [1] with the problem
still in it and PR #113 [2] that should be left alone for a while for
GitHub to check on.

Keep on push'ing, unless your on a train! :)

[1] https://github.com/yschaeff/opendnssec/tree/rfc5011-2
[2] https://github.com/opendnssec/opendnssec/pull/113

--
Jerry Lundström - Software Engineer
.SE - The Internet Infrastructure Foundation