[Opendnssec-develop] HSMs use UTF-8 characters

Jerry Lundström jerry at opendnssec.org
Wed May 21 04:31:19 UTC 2014

On tis, 2014-05-20 at 22:42 +0200, Jakob Schlyter wrote:
> Is fixing this worth the effort? If the fix is easy, go ahead. But change always introducing risk as well.

If the usage of wide character are only the label and pin then it would
only affect the reading and storing of the repositories from conf.xml,
the pin daemon and of course the usage against libhsm/PKCS#11.

I do not think we use this information for anything else or for display
so the impact code wise might be small.

For what version are we considering this for? I would think 2.x'ish.

--
Jerry Lundström - OpenDNSSEC Developer
http://www.opendnssec.org/