[Opendnssec-develop] kasp duration notation

Siôn Lloyd sion at nominet.org.uk
Mon Jul 28 13:11:34 UTC 2014

On 28/07/14 14:00, Jerry Lundström wrote:
> On mån, 2014-07-28 at 14:01 +0200, Matthijs Mekking wrote:
>> Does this require a migration script? People may have policies that
>> include P[n]W notations.
> No they may not, because that violates xsd:duration definition and
> libxml/relaxng will complain and the KASP is not valid. :)
>
> This is how we found it, exported signconf via duration2string() and
> validated it with the old kc_helper functions. We have not run into this
> before because OpenDNSSEC 1.x converts all times to seconds on signconf
> export.

Ah...

sion at sion:~/work/CTE/RDPapers/ithun$ ods-kaspcheck
/home/sion/work/opendnssec/install/etc/opendnssec/conf.xml:79: element
Interval: Relax-NG validity error : Type duration doesn't allow value 'P1W'

So as I understand it this doesn't work currently and we are actually
talking about a documentation change?

Then the decision is easy... remove it.

Sion