[Opendnssec-develop] RE: Move to git

Yuri Schaeffer yuri at nlnetlabs.nl
Fri Jan 31 12:56:33 UTC 2014

> a great start is just to clone, make a branch, commit stuff and
> create a pull request.

Ok, I've played around a bit.

Some assertions:
- I should do all pull requests from my feature branch and keep it
around until it is successfully pulled.
- I should NOT do pull requests from my develop branch because requests
are on branches, not commits.
- After I finish a feature branch. I can/should merge it in to my
develop branch. I need not wait for the commit to be in the remote
develop branch, because git can uniquely identify commits.

Now, the thing I'm fussy on is the need for rebasing. I think I get what
it does (it falsifies history by changing the time of branching?) but I
don't know why we need it.

An other observation. I expected opendnssec-workflow-test/develop to by
enforcerNG branch (current svn trunk), but it is not.

//Yuri

--
Composed on an actual keyboard: all typos genuine.