[Opendnssec-develop] RE: JIRA workflow

Sara Dickinson sara at sinodun.com
Wed Jan 15 11:43:53 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I had an action from the developer workshop to see if we could improve our JIRA workflow with regard to back-porting issues to other branches. We currently clone issues for each branch a fix is ported to, which makes the sprint work boards very informative, but is somewhat cumbersome in practice. So I looked into whether we could use sub-tasks instead.

Unfortunately this won't work as one of the agile restrictions is that sub-tasks must be in the same sprint as the parent task. I've looked again but nothing else available in JIRA makes things particularly easier, so I think we will have to stick with cloning issues for now :-(