[Opendnssec-develop] About assert()...

Jerry Lundström jerry at opendnssec.org
Tue Feb 11 08:03:14 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 11:04 PM, Matthijs Mekking <matthijs at nlnetlabs.nl>wrote:

> Of course we are still testing 1.3 and 1.4. We are still making patch
> releases right? Those assertions tell us we don't break stuff when
> writing new code.

I think we are saying "testing" but meaning different things. Feels like
your talking about testing as in Jenkins, I mean testing as in development,
alpha and beta releases.

Assert when in alpha or beta is fine by me but not after that.

There are better way to check that we don't break the code then asserts and
that is to have propper error handling rather then just dying.

--
Jerry Lundström - OpenDNSSEC Developer
http://www.opendnssec.org/