[Opendnssec-develop] RE: Move to git

Yuri Schaeffer yuri at nlnetlabs.nl
Tue Feb 4 09:48:25 UTC 2014

> Pull requests does not have to be small changes, they should rather be
> large changes. For example, if you develop a new feature (1) you might
> make changes to core functions (2) and make a test (3) for the new
> feature. That is not 3 pull requests but rather just one where all of
> this is fixed.

I'm having a hard time grasping this workflow. Especially since
currently for enfNG I'm working on bug reports rather then large
features. So I can't imagine commenting on jira "fixed in
3bd9b07bafe4c1cc65def0e5d80ebfcbf8ee7a4b, maybe in 2 weeks I do a pull
request because I'm working on #ODS-xxx and it needs bugfree code too".

I guess I'm not quite in the Git way of thinking yet?

//Yuri

--
Composed on an actual keyboard: all typos genuine.