[Opendnssec-develop] 2.0 - zonelist.xml

Siôn Lloyd sion at nominet.org.uk
Wed Sep 11 13:22:08 UTC 2013

On 11/09/13 09:01, Jerry Lundström wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since now that the database is the true source of the zone list how
> about we simple remove the zonelist.xml from the configuration directory.
>
> This will clearly indicate that the zonelist.xml file is no longer of
> any relevance.
>
> This would require a small change to setup, namely that it does not
> expect a zonelist.xml but should be able to take one via command line
> option.
>
> There should also be an export and import command for the zone list,
> export already exists and maybe import also does.
>
> Comments?

It certainly seems reasonable that if zonelist.xml is not a
configuration file then it should not be in the configuration directory.

Should we still include an example zonelist as a way of initialising the
system? Would we still want all the schema checking code for this file?
(I'm guessing yes to both.)

Sion