[Opendnssec-develop] Release of OpenDNSSEC 1.4.2 and the failing tests

Olaf Kolkman olaf at NLnetLabs.nl
Wed Sep 11 08:45:18 UTC 2013

On 11 sep. 2013, at 10:29, Jerry Lundström <jerry at opendnssec.org> wrote:

> Should the failing tests in Jenkins block 1.4.2 release?

Yes!

> We have a policy that tests in Jenkins should pass before we do a release but I don't know if the test if failing because of software problems or if the test isn't functional yet.

Nuance: If you have clearly identified and checked that there is a bug in the test then it is ok to ignore the test. But as long as you have failing test without understanding: Block.

That is why we do tests in the first place.

--Olaf