[Opendnssec-develop] signed serial > unsigned serial?

Matthijs Mekking matthijs at nlnetlabs.nl
Tue Sep 10 14:02:47 UTC 2013

The use case is described in SUPPORT-73. Basically it is part of a check
before publishing, that requires the outgoing serial to be equal or
higher than the incoming serial. Quoting:

"So the serial of signed file must be higher than or equal to that in
unsigned zone, to ensure the signed file which we got is for the newest
unsigned zone."

Best regards,
  Matthijs