[Opendnssec-develop] RE: Introducing Hosnieh

Rafiee, Hosnieh rafiee at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Tue May 21 09:42:34 UTC 2013

Matthijs, Thank you for your virtual introduction :-)

Hi Jerry, Hi Sion. Nice to meet you. As already Matthijs explained, I am doing my PhD at Hasso Plattner Institute, University of Potsdam, Germany. As my topic is privacy in IPv6 networks, I did and I am doing research in various areas (application layer, network layer services). One of this important services that I focused on, is DNS and the secure Authentication in DNS. This is Why I wrote that draft. Of course the new version will be coming soon :-). During my research about DNS, I read some RFCs and thought that I also can improve the current standards in IETF this is why I joined IETF last year and try to be an active member there.

About programming, I have had several years of experience in developments with .net technology and worked as linux and Windows adminsitrators. I also have experience with C++, of course, this does not mean that I did nothing with C.
My other activities are teaching at the university. Currently I involve in teaching a master seminar course. It is about penetrating and securing IPv6 networks. A group of my students now working on DNS attacks which is really cool. Because, later, we can test this tool against any DNS implementations. I also established an IPv6 lab at my institute. I will probably show a demo in German IPv6 congress, http://www.ipv6-kongress.de/events/ipv6-kongress/Programm-vorlaeufig.html .

Finally, I hope that my contribution with you all can lead to several positive results. This is actually my goal.

I think It was more than a short introduction.

Best Regards,
Hosnieh