[Opendnssec-develop] RE: Greenhopper - Agile plugin for JIRA

Sara Dickinson sara at sinodun.com
Mon Jun 10 10:59:28 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I spent a bit of time last week playing with and configuring the agile plugin to JIRA which is called Greenhopper. I've been using it on another project I manage as a planning tool and I'm really liking it. If you look at JIRA you will now see an 'Agile' drop down along the top with a couple of boards set up. I've been using it specifically to plan the 2.0 release by using sprints to group issues together e.g.

https://issues.opendnssec.org/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=8&view=planning&selectedIssue=OPENDNSSEC-407&versions=visible&epics=hidden&selectedVersion=10729

I'd like us to consider switching to using it to do our issue reviews and planning. I'm not suggesting we move to a time-boxed agile workflow, as that simply wouldn't fit with the project, rather that we just use the agile view (instead of the classic view) and possibly use 'sprints' to track the progress of our (content based) releases.

There are some subtleties to using it so I was planning to do a walk through in the team meeting on Thursday so if you get chance please take a tour ahead of that or if you have any thoughts/questions on this then do let me know.