[Opendnssec-develop] RE: Updates to jenkins

Sara Dickinson sara at sinodun.com
Wed Feb 6 11:03:20 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I've made a couple of updates to jenkins over the last few days whilst Sion and I have been trying to write some more regression tests:

- I've added two new jobs: test-opendnssec-sandbox (and 1.3 equivalent) and supporting scripts and test directories. The idea is that these jobs/directories can be used to try out tests that have been developed (locally on one machine) across all the platforms without having to put the job into one of the main directories. The default and daily tests can take a while to run so this would make it quicker to make small changes to the test script and re-run the test if there are platform dependancies. The assumption is that in using the sandbox no code updates are needed, only tweaks to the test scripts to get the test to pass everywhere. Also - tests could be left in the sandbox while failing on some platforms while problems are investigated. The jobs poll every 10 mins for changes to the test-cases-sandbox.d directory and they are configured not to generate any emails. The jobs are also set up slightly differently and run the tests on both SQLITE and MYSQL in one run. Hopefully this will be useful - let me know what you think.

- I've also added optimisations to the build jobs so that they don't get triggered if the only change in svn is to the contents of the testing/test-casesX.d directories (and to the test-opendnssecX jobs so they ignore changes to the daily or sandbox directories). This seems to work OK - but if you see anything unexpected happening with the builds do let me know!