[Opendnssec-develop] Git work process

Sara Dickinson sara at sinodun.com
Fri Dec 20 14:21:09 UTC 2013

On 20 Dec 2013, at 08:24, Jerry Lundström <jerry at opendnssec.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Been documenting the work process in git, can you all review this please:
>
> https://wiki.opendnssec.org/display/OpenDNSSEC/Git#Git-Dosomework

This also looks great - thanks for all your effort in documenting this!

Some comments and questions:

- GitHub accounts. Am I right in thinking that the OpenDNSSEC account is an organisation (with just 3 members today)? So we should all request that our github accounts be added to the OpenDNSSEC organisation (i.e. send our usernames to Jerry)?

- (minor) in the setup section there is a note under the instructions for forking "You might the a option where the fork should be done, select yourself." I suppose this should be "You might get the option of where the fork should be done, select yourself"???

- (minor) need to add a step cd into your cloned dir after cloning and before checkout

- using git clone git at github.com:<your git username>/<repository name>.git assumes you have a SSH key set up on your account. I presume that we are recommending this but if I understand correctly it is possible to work without this (e.g. using http instead)?

- Jerry - could you please update the JIRA Fisheye config for SoftHSM?

- I have updated the wiki pages:

http://www.opendnssec.org/download/
https://wiki.opendnssec.org/display/SoftHSMDOCS/SoftHSM+Documentation+v1.3

To reflect that the code has moved for SoftHSMv1. A second pair of eyes to make sure I got this right would be appreciated!