[Opendnssec-develop] RE: Regression tests

Sara Dickinson sara at sinodun.com
Tue Aug 27 08:13:44 UTC 2013

HI All,

Just wanted to let you know that I am doing a bit of work on the regression testing framework in the hope it makes porting the tests to 2.0 easier (note I didn't say easy ;-) ).

I'm working on 1.4 at the moment but will push the changes to other branches once I have finished them. I've added some new functions in functions-opendnssec.sh related to starting, stopping and checking on the state of the enforcer and signer (see r7247). For example:
	ods_start_enforcer
	ods_start_signer
	ods_start-ods-control
and their stop counterparts.
I've updated the test-cases.d tests to use these where possible which cleans things up a bit in terms of having
- repetition of commands/logs in every test script
- and having to know exactly how many times a particular daemon has run. These functions just check that each daemon starts/stops once more than previously.
I'm now working my way through the test-cases-daily.d tests.....

Please try to use these new functions where possible when adding new regression tests in future as it will make the tests more portable. If anyone has comments or questions on these changes please let me know.

Regards