[Opendnssec-develop] done with backup done

Sara Dickinson sara at sinodun.com
Fri Oct 19 09:23:14 UTC 2012

On 19 Oct 2012, at 09:58, Siôn Lloyd wrote:

> Morning.
>
> I have marked the "backup done" command as deprecated and added a user confirmation step (plus a force flag for anyone using scripts). See svn r6745.
>
> Is this too much? Is the risk of causing existing scripts to hang greater than the potential damage of keys being incorrectly marked as backed up?

Since we are convinced users should be using 'prepare/commit' and not 'done' then we probably have to take this approach to 'force' them over so they deal with changes in 1.4, not in 2.0 when it is gone for good. As long as we communicate it properly in the release notes and wiki documentation then IMHO this is the right thing.

Sara.