[Opendnssec-develop] Jenkins build status emails

Jerry Lundström jerry at opendnssec.org
Wed May 2 12:53:01 UTC 2012

On May 2, 2012, at 13:56 , Jerry Lundström wrote:
> On May 2, 2012, at 11:36 , Alex Dalitz wrote:
>>> And I really want all emails! :) and maybe someone else does, so a separate list is the solution for that.
>>
>> Perhaps you could configure Jenkins to send the test-* emails only to you (and those who particularly want spammed)?
>
> Its so much easier to manage a real mailing list then configuring every job on every change.

There are many different views about this, just talked some with Sion on jabber and he thought it could be a case that the suite is not mature yet and it might be more accepted once it "stable". But if you look at the tests that a randomly failing on some platforms it could be the software itself that is buggy, we don't know.

I don't think there are many that checks the Jenkins web interface and if we stop sending test-* emails then even less will know that they fail.

Lets bring this up on our next tele conference (next week), until then its left as is.

Rickard, could you add this to the agenda?

Thanks
Jerry

--
Jerry Lundström - OpenDNSSEC Developer