[Opendnssec-develop] 1.4.0a xml migration

Matthijs Mekking matthijs at nlnetlabs.nl
Wed Mar 14 12:10:16 UTC 2012

On 03/14/2012 12:50 PM, Siôn Lloyd wrote:
> On 14/03/12 11:44, Rickard Bellgrim wrote:
>>> It occurred to me that we need to write a script to migrate a users xml
>>> files to be compatible with the new rng files. (I think that this
>>> just means
>>> dropping, or commenting out, all auditor tags... Is there anything
>>> else?)

The following changes are made:

conf:
- -ZoneFetchFile
- -ToolsDirectory
- -Auditor
+Listener (optional)

kasp:
- -Audit

signconf:
- -Audit

and zonefetch is replaced with adddns.

>>> Do we need this for the alpha release? Or do we trust folk who use an
>>> alpha
>>> release to be able to comment these lines out themselves, and just
>>> mention
>>> it in the notes?
>> We currently install sample files of the configuration. I think you
>> usually never touch the users configuration. Isn't mostly up to them
>> to correct any changes in the configuration?

So there is no clean upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4? (because the components
will complain about the audit tag).

> So we just need some documentation to say which tags need to go? That
> works too; I had just thought of this as a migration like any other.

Is there a migration script for the kasp database (required) ?

Best regards,