[Opendnssec-develop] RE: Supporting downgrades

Rickard Bellgrim rickard at opendnssec.org
Thu Jul 12 11:18:09 UTC 2012

> The recent discussion on package contents has raised an interesting question - do we plan to provide migration scripts for users to downgrade between *major* versions e.g. 1.4.0 to 1.3.10. It does not appear that historically this has been done for previous releases.

Yes, that would be useful. A script called something like
"migration-1.4.0.sh" where all migration code is gathered in one file
for that version. If you do not run it with any arguments then you get
some description on what versions you can upgrade from. If you run it
with "-a" then you apply the changes. If you run with "-r" then you
revert the changes.