[Opendnssec-develop] WARNING: 1.4.0a1 appears in Red Hat Enterprise Linux repositories

Roland van Rijswijk - Deij Roland.vanRijswijk at surfnet.nl
Sun Jul 8 12:55:35 UTC 2012

Hi all,

A friendly warning: we are currently dealing with the fall out from what appears to be a stupid mistake by Red Hat. OpenDNSSEC 1.4.0a1 has appeared in repositories that are apparently configured on production systems by default. Consequently, our well-managed 1.3.9 install has been upgraded to 1.4.0a1 and all configuration has been wiped.

I don't know which one of you (if any) has contacts at Fedora/Red Hat, but please tell them that 1.4.0 is an alpha that should NEVER end up in production repositories…

Cheers,

Roland

-- Roland M. van Rijswijk - Deij
-- SURFnet bv