[Opendnssec-develop] Database conversion tool

Siôn Lloyd sion at nominet.org.uk
Tue Jul 3 08:51:08 UTC 2012

On 03/07/12 09:38, Jerry Lundström wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:31 AM, Siôn Lloyd <sion at nominet.org.uk> wrote:
>> One thing that I was thinking about is where we have used tinyint or
>> mediumint in the mysql schema but integer in the sqlite schema. However I
>> think there should be no real issues unless someone has more than 127 HSMs
>> or 8,388,607 zones/policies (good luck with that).
> Oh, maybe we should fix that for 1.4?

We have looked at this in the past and decided that the only one we
needed to increase was for keys.
This is when the script "migrate_id_mysql.pl" was created. (As you can
see it is not as simple as just changing the column type; you need to
drop and then recreate the FK constraints also.)

Does anyone think that these fields need to be increased?