[Opendnssec-develop] [Opendnssec-user]How to speed up signing performance

Jerry Lundström jerry at opendnssec.org
Mon Dec 17 08:58:44 UTC 2012

On Dec 12, 2012, at 13:43 , Matthijs Mekking wrote:

> This is probably a flawed assumption, because the small break is
> unlocking the mutex, and locking it when the wait is over. So the
> drudgers should have no problem popping RRsets.

I see that you have made changes during last week so this might not be an issue now.

But my point was that no matter how long we wait, if the code uses mutex/cond correctly it will be notified when there is work. Reducing it is just a workaround and not a fix to the real problem (and that can result in other "strange" problems in the future).

How has this gone now with the changes you have made?

--
Jerry Lundström - OpenDNSSEC Developer
http://www.opendnssec.org/