[Opendnssec-develop] EnforcerNG

Sara Dickinson sara at sinodun.com
Fri Aug 24 14:19:12 UTC 2012

On 24 Aug 2012, at 14:23, Jerry Lundström wrote:

> On Aug 24, 2012, at 15:12 , Sara Dickinson wrote:
>>> The reason is singular as far as I can tell. Zones could share keys.
>>> Thus creating new keys / deciding to reuse an existing key creates a
>>> race condition for those policies.
>>
>> So how does the multi-threaded enforcer avoid this problem?
>
> With locks when doing stuff with shared keys policies and database transactions.

You agree with Yuri then :-)  It would be nicer to have the same solution in both releases but if there may be reasons this can't be done.
Sounds like something to discuss at the developer workshop?

>> +1; although leave the compile flag in, in case folk want to build without it?
>>
>> It also means that package maintainers will not need to build two versions (or decide on one or the other)
>> Are we going to make the "enforcer workers" tag mandatory? I vote for optional and if it doesn't exist then workers == 1.
>

> We can easily redo it to --disable-enforcer-workers.

A --disable-enforcer-workers compile flag sound like the right answer to me. Agree with Sion on tag handling.