[Opendnssec-develop] Single different tests failing from time to time

Jerry Lundström jerry at opendnssec.org
Thu Apr 26 15:00:47 UTC 2012

Hi,

If you saw just now Sion made a small commit and one test on ubuntu and freebsd failed (not the same test).

I've seen this from time to time, mostly on trunk, and it seems to be something todo with the ods-control that checks if the start or stop of enforcer/signer was correct. Sometimes ods-signer hangs when trying to call ods-signerd, sometimes ods-control enforcer start returns SUCCESSFUL even when it failed to start and outputed errors in the log.

I don't know why this happens just some times but if you commit and a stable platform just happened to have a test fail its most likely not your fault.

What you can do is to get an account on Jenkins (if your don't already have it) and rerun the test to see if it clears up.

/Jerry

--
Jerry Lundström - OpenDNSSEC Developer
http://www.opendnssec.org/