[Opendnssec-develop] Moving to JIRA next week

Jerry Lundström jerry at opendnssec.org
Fri Oct 21 11:33:17 UTC 2011

Hi,

I will be setting up JIRA for usage next week and wanted to run the setup by
you all for comments and thoughts around it.

There will be two project categories, Development and Support. In
Development we will have the projects OpenDNSSEC and SoftHSM. For the
Support category we will have the corresponding projects with " Support"
added.

The default workflow will be used for all project at the start, later there
might be change to the support workflows but for development the default
JIRA workflow with the added Green Hopper (Agile) stuff will do.

There will be simplified issue dialogs for the support part so its easier
for users to submit issues. I also want to enable creating issues via email,
if we get too many spams we can always block it (and I mean many more then
the 1-2 per month we have today).

As for issues types there are many now with the Agile way so we might slim
it down later and the support part won't get the Agile stuff, for that there
will just be Bug, Feature Request and Support.

Why have separate development and support projects you might ask?

Reason behind this is that its very hard/impossible to control who gets to
create what kind of issues or what kind of fields need to be filled
depending on the user. There really isn't any good solution for this, the
"best" I have seen is client side java script hacks that blocks the user.

I believe it will be easier to maintain the development projects by
separating the support part so it does not clog up Green Hopper.

Comments/thoughts?

/Jerry