[Opendnssec-develop] A NotifyCommand script blocks, what to do?

Yuri Schaeffer yuri at nlnetlabs.nl
Wed Oct 19 14:14:52 UTC 2011

> Is this what we want (let the worker wait until the notify command is
> terminated)? Or do we want the signer daemon to fork off the notify
> command script and continue its process regardless of the result of the
> notify command script? In the latter case, you will get fresh signed
> zone files, but we don't know if they are ever picked up by the name server.

Neither sound very compelling, although I'm unsure what you currently do
when a notify fails.

Would it be possible to fork off the script and let the fork schedule a
task upon completion for a worker to pickup, read and act upon the status?

Having the workers block for a long time does not seem to be a good idea
to me.

//yuri