[Opendnssec-develop] Status of jenkins testing

John Dickinson jad at sinodun.com
Wed Nov 23 15:09:55 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have checked in updated test scripts to svn. These are sufficient to build and run OpenDNSSEC and SoftHSM.

There is a wiki page here:

https://wiki.opendnssec.org/display/OpenDNSSEC/Continuos+Integration+Testing

that describes the setup and has a list of TODOs.

Jerry - I have made some changes to the framework that you might want to review.

So far there is only one actual test job that runs and it is showing errors (seg faults) on some Solaris builds! If somebody wants to investigate these I will be happy to help. This test signs a large zone and X small zones and just checks that there are sufficient RRs in the zone after signing and that the correct number of keys were generated. It probably needs some work...

If I have time I will take a look at these and work on some more tests however it would be useful if people could take a look at how it works now and comment on it.

I am slightly concerned by the way that passing parameters from one build to the next restricts the user to running the whole suite of builds and tests every time, however Jerry's framework does mean that this is a relatively small overhead.

I have installed the plugins so that jenkins will interact with Crowd, Confluence and Jira but these need configuring.

John.

---
jad at sinodun.com
Sinodun Internet Technologies Ltd.