[Opendnssec-develop] Converting unsigned data to lowercase

Rickard Bellgrim rickard at opendnssec.org
Thu May 26 13:49:33 UTC 2011

Hi

Currently I am setting up v1.3.0 in our test bed, but .SEs test
scripts will not accept the signed zone because all of the uppercase
data has been converted to lowercase. It is around 500 RR where the
domain name is written in uppercase. (This is some old data in the
database, new data will be saved in lowercase)

I remember that we had this discussion more than a year ago and we
ended up changing the behavior of the Signer Engine to not touch the
data and only do the conversion on the input for the signatures.

What is our opinion this time?