[Opendnssec-develop] Re: #254: Configure fails on RHEL6

Siôn Lloyd sion at nominet.org.uk
Wed Jul 20 13:55:15 UTC 2011

On 20/07/11 11:32, Rick van Rein wrote:
> Hello Sion,
>
>> Might there be an old install of ldns that is picked up first by
>> configure but not when you compile the code from the command line?
> Nope:
>
> 1. The message for an old version would be another;
> 2. This is a freshly installed machine to which I added ldns through EPEL only.
> 3. Find / -name libldns\* locates no reachable library beyond the EPEL package.

Good. At least that can be ruled out.

>> We do not have any RHEL machines; but I could try on CentOS if you think
>> that will help?
> My guess would be that this is a 64-bit problem, rather than a RHEL problem.
> I find it hard to deciper what ./configure does, but it appears that it
> does not get all the -L arguments, specifically -L/usr/lib64
>
> Is there a way for me to see in more detail what ./configure does?  I did
> not find anything useful in config.log, it ends just before this problem:

Short of adding more echo statements I don't know; the autotools stuff
is a bit of a mystery to me.

We run 64bit CentOS; but not version 6 and with home built ldns rpms.

If you think that it just doesn't find libldns you could try adding the
--with-ldns=PATH flag?