[Opendnssec-develop] Meeting 20100929

Roland van Rijswijk Roland.vanRijswijk at surfnet.nl
Tue Sep 28 07:20:22 UTC 2010

Hi Rickard, all,

On 28 sep 2010, at 08:32, Rickard Bellgrim wrote:

> We have a telephone meeting tomorrow.
>
> Date: Wednesday 29 September
> Time: 14:00-15:00 CEST, 13:00-14:00 BST
>
> Here is the agenda. Please add any topics that you would like to discuss:
> http://trac.opendnssec.org/wiki/Meetings/Agenda/2010-09-29

I won't be able to attend due to other obligations but have added "Switching to LDNS 1.6.7" to the agenda; we encountered a bug in the zone transfer code included in LDNS that NLnet Labs are currently fixing (this was also the underlying cause that triggered the bug in zone_fetcher that we fixed earlier).

I would like to propose either a 1.1.4 release that mandates using LDNS 1.6.7 (although that may be overkill) or a statement to users to please upgrade to LDNS 1.6.7 if they intend to use OpenDNSSEC in "bump-in-the-wire" mode with the zone_fetcher.

I've also added USENIX LISA '10 as upcoming event as I will be giving an invited talk there that will feature OpenDNSSEC.

Cheers,

Roland

-- Roland M. van Rijswijk
-- SURFnet Middleware Services