[Opendnssec-develop] bug with adding zones on opendnssec trunk

Sion Lloyd sion at nominet.org.uk
Mon Sep 6 07:29:15 UTC 2010

On Saturday 04 Sep 2010 9:44:03 am Patrik Wallström wrote:
> Add some zones using ods-ksmutil zone add. Then do ods-ksmutil update
> zonelist, and all the (added) zones are removed from the configuration.
> This was a really unexpected behaviour. But what should happen? Using zone
> add the zones were never added to the zonelist.xml though, so I guess it
> is correct, but the problem might be zone add.

Are you using the --no-xml flag? There is an issue where adding zones to the
database only followed by an update removes zones which don't exist in the
database. (Normally we regard the zonelist as the authority.)

So if you add zones without altering the xml you need to use the "ods-ksmutil
zonelist export" command to create a new zonelist that reflects the database.

Is it the case that the --no-xml flag is defaulting to on? What message do you
get when you do a zone add?

Sion