[Opendnssec-develop] Character case of domain names

Rickard Bellgrim rickard.bellgrim at iis.se
Wed Nov 10 02:30:00 UTC 2010

Hi

We have the ticket about case handling in the Auditor:
http://trac.opendnssec.org/ticket/190

Currently the signer make upper case to lower case of domain names, which the Auditor cannot follow. Alex is currently working on fixing this after some discussion with me and Matthijs.

But after reading the draft of rfc3597bis, I see a text which is also included in the original rfc3597:
"servers MUST also exactly preserve the RDATA of RRs of known type, except for changes due to compression or decompression where allowed by section 4 of this memo.  In particular, the character case of domain names that are not subject to compression MUST be preserved."

This mean that the signer need to preserve the case of domain names, right?