[Opendnssec-develop] Enforcer tests

Alex Dalitz AlexD at nominet.org.uk
Fri Jun 4 14:39:21 UTC 2010

Hi -

I've been spending some time developing a test engine for the enforcer.
Currently, it does the ZSK checks outlined in :

http://trac.opendnssec.org/wiki/ProjectPlan/SystemTest/BasicTest

(translated to an enforcer-only point-of-view)

I'm looking at getting the KSK checks added as well.

I then hope to produce a general purpose engine, which will generate
automated tests for a given set of zones and policies. Emergency rollovers
and other odd cases should also be added in time.

I've implemented these tests in Cucumber (a Ruby testing library). You have
to have Ruby installed (which most people do), and do a gem install cucumber
in order to run the tests.

Here's the question : Are people happy for me to add these tests to the
OpenDNSSEC/enforcer/test/cucumber folder? Or would you rather keep them
somewhere like OpenDNSSEC/test/cucumber/enforcer?

Thanks,

Alex.