[Opendnssec-develop] backup race condition

sion at nominet.org.uk sion at nominet.org.uk
Thu Jan 28 14:09:59 UTC 2010

> > Shall I create a story in pivotal for this? (Otherwise it may well get
> > forgotten.)
>
> IMHO, we can just forget it and leave it to the sysadmin.

Okay. Should we add something to the documentation then, along the lines
of:

"Keys generated between a backup being made and the backup done command
being run will be erroneously marked as having been backed up. To avoid
this either choose a backup schedule that doesn't run while the enforcer
might be generating keys or shutdown the enforcer while a backup is
performed".

Sion