[Opendnssec-develop] Testing for RC3, found a new zone to test with

Matthijs Mekking matthijs at NLnetLabs.nl
Wed Jan 27 11:27:53 UTC 2010

I parse "\2" as an escape character followed by a 2. I need to take that
2 literally. So I need to put a '2' in the buffer. The escape character
was not useful, as it is equal to the character string "2".

Now take "\002". This is what I believe is a octal value. This is not
equal to "\2".

To be honest, RFC 1035 does say:

\X              where X is any character other than a digit (0-9), is
                used to quote that character so that its special meaning
                does not apply.  For example, "\." can be used to place
                a dot character in a label.

So, how to handle \X where X is a digit?

Matthijs