[Opendnssec-develop] How to handle trunk until 1.0.0?

sion at nominet.org.uk sion at nominet.org.uk
Tue Jan 26 10:38:58 CET 2010


> We now have a RC3 and are really close to releasing 1.0.0. There are
> still coming in some suggested changes to the code and configure
> scripts. It would be reasonable to not commit any minor changes to
> trunk until we have released 1.0.0. But it would be ok to commit
> code if it fixes a major problem.
>
> If we decide to fix a problem, then we have to do a RC4. After 1.0.0
> we have to decide on how to handle our release management, so that
> we do not get situations like this again.
>
> Do you agree? (Or do we want everything to be correct instead of
> releasing a 1.0.1 in a couple of weeks)

I think that anything that can't be fixed by some text in the KNOWN_ISSUES
file means that we need an RC4.

The image I had in my mind was that when 1.0.0 is released we branch; then
bug fixes go into both branches and new features go into trunk only. Then,
maybe when the KNOWN_ISSUES file is empty, we can release 1.0.1...
Branching now just means that there is some merging to be done sooner (if
RC3 doesn't become 1.0).

Sion




More information about the Opendnssec-develop mailing list