[Opendnssec-develop] performance

Patrik Wallström patrik.wallstrom at iis.se
Mon Sep 14 08:57:05 UTC 2009

On Sep 14, 2009, at 10:46 AM, Matthijs Mekking wrote:

> Another guess is that the signer engine is file based. More files in a
> directory slows down the engine, see the story in the icebox (story id
> 846640)

Maybe - but even if you stat() each file, it wouldn't really take more
than a minute to do it for 1000 files, would it? I think it is more
related to the kasp.db somehow. Since the first domains (in the fully
populated directory) is more quicker to sign than the last domains.

--
Patrik Wallström
Project Manager, R&D
E-mail: patrik.wallstrom at iis.se