[Opendnssec-develop] Re: Template for reports on testing an code review

Stephen.Morris at nominet.org.uk Stephen.Morris at nominet.org.uk
Wed Oct 28 13:56:11 UTC 2009

Rick van Rein <rick at openfortress.nl> wrote on 23/10/2009 11:36:31:

> Stephen,
>
> You are very clear in your request for documentation backing having done
> code reviews and tests.  You summed up lists of items you would like
> to see in them.  Clearly, you have a better background in ISO-9000
> than most of us (at least more than I).
>
> With this in mind, is it perhaps an idea that you create a template for
> such reports, so testers/reviewers only need to fill it out?  It'll help
> searching through them at a later time for the people who are keen on
> ISO-9000 issues and it'll help to ensure that the reports do not miss
> out on information that is easily overlooked otherwise.
>

> Cheers,
>  -Rick

I could do a template, but I don't want to be too prescriptive.  Providing
each report contains the following information:

Files checked and their revision
Date of review
Reviewer
Comments on the files

... that should be enough.

If the review raises issues that are sufficient to warrant a change, a
story should be raised in Pivotal Tracker and the ID of the story added to
the review.

Reviews should be passed to Rickard, who should file them. (If we decide
its worth it, at some time we could publish them on the wiki)

Stephen