[Opendnssec-develop] testing the system

Stephen.Morris at nominet.org.uk Stephen.Morris at nominet.org.uk
Tue Oct 20 16:04:57 UTC 2009

Patrik Wallström <patrik.wallstrom at iis.se> wrote on 20/10/2009 14:01:51:

> How many of you have actually been running the system on real zones?
>
> This is what has happened to me during the last month or so when
> testing with the .SE zone file, regardless of version. This is from
> trunk:
>
> Oct 20 12:52:58 dnssecsigner ods-signerd: Writing file to
> zone_reader: /var/opendnssec/tmp/se.sorted
> Oct 20 12:53:23 dnssecsigner ods-signerd: Error reading input zone
> Oct 20 12:53:23 dnssecsigner ods-signerd: [Errno 32] Broken pipe
> Oct 20 12:53:23 dnssecsigner ods-signerd: Sorting failed
>
> It is important that as many as possible of us run OpenDNSSEC on
> actual zones now, for more than a minute or so.
>
> In other attempts, I have been testing the system with 1000 zones.
> This is something that does not currently work either.
>
> Maybe we have a tester or two that are actually willing to test the
> stuff now...?
>
> --
> Patrik Wallström
> Project Manager, R&D
> .SE (Stiftelsen för Internetinfrastruktur)
> E-mail: patrik.wallstrom at iis.se
> Web: http://www.iis.se/

I have managed to get one of our developers assigned to testing OpenDNSSEC
for the next couple of weeks.  The tests will be aimed on the scenarios
used in signing .uk, which really means focusing on key rollovers and
signing a small number of small zones.

It would useful if someone could concentrate on testing scenarios with
large zones.

Stephen