[Opendnssec-develop] signature verification

Roland van Rijswijk roland.vanrijswijk at surfnet.nl
Fri Nov 27 15:42:03 UTC 2009

Hi Matthijs,

IMHO this is a blocking issue, right? It is not acceptable if the
signatures output by the signer are invalid because of a bug in either
softHSM or Botan. I assume that Rickard is checking out what causes
this? If this cannot be fixed at short notice we should consider a 'plan
B' so the release of OpenDNSSEC does not have to be postponed because of
a bug in either softHSM or Botan.

BTW, is it a reproducable bug -- i.e. will it consistently output a
wrong signature given the same input data or is the problem
intermittent? (the latter would be far worse than the former)

Cheers,

Roland